Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Tree Skirt

So I know I've been absent from the blog for quite some time. I've had a few things keeping me occupied, but I won't bore you with all the details. Obviously the blog has been low on my priority list and as a result it's been struggling. :)

We are so excited for Christmas around here. I cannot believe it is just around the corner. I actually did this project last year before I started writing on this blog, but I thought I'd share it now.

Last Christmas was the first year that we had our first "real" tree. It's artificial, but the reason I say "real" is that the tree we had used previously to was just a small, 4 ft tall one. After getting our new full-sized tree, I started searching for a tree skirt that I liked. I had a really hard time finding one that I could justify spending any money on. However, when I saw Miss Mustard Seed's tree skirt I fell in love. It wasn't difficult, but it did take a few hours to make. The instructions can be found here.

Eric wanted to add a little color so we did a red and cream striped skirt. I alternated 2 rows of red, 3 rows of cream. I think that combo turned out looking nice.




6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I'd wear a skirt like that just in general, but it looks nice on a tree too!

    We just upgraded this year from our $1 store felt tree skirt, and I found a beautiful one at Target for... THIRTY DOLLARS! I was shocked at the cost. Don't tell John I spent that much on a tree skirt-- he didn't ask and I didn't say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include almost all vital infos.
    I'd like to look more posts like this .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up it's me, I am also visiting this site on a regular basis, this
    web site is actually nice and the people are in fact sharing good thoughts.


    Also visit my web page: http://www.bequineapproved.Co.Uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm it looks like your website ate my first comment (it was super
    long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for beginner blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.


    Here is my page funkspiel-neustadt.de.vu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a question on the extended moulding you added to your kitchen cabinets. Two years behind you, I am about to tackle what you did in your kitchen (which looks beautiful, BTW). Like you, I'd like to try and salvage the existing moulding on my cabinets and reuse them after adding some board in-between it and the cabinets. Can I ask how you carefully removed the moulding from the cabinets? Did you use a putty knife? Was your moulding previously nailed or glued to the cabinets?

    I apologize for commenting on this post. I noticed you have a lot of "interesting" anonymous comments on your "painting cabinet" post so I thought I would try here in hopes of getting a response. Thank you so much!

    Lisa

    http://kriskrafting.blogspot.com/2012/01/painting-cabinets.html

    ReplyDelete