I'd been eyeing this wreath (shown below) from Williams-Sonoma ever since the weather started warming up, and was dying to put a new spring wreath on my door.
However, I knew I could try to make something for much cheaper than that price tag. I follow a blog named Kreyv, that is written by a very stylish girl named Jamie who I know personally from our days in Milwaukee. Our husbands went to medical school together so I can say first-hand she is adorable, and I think you'll really enjoy her blog.
Anyway, she recently posted a tutorial by V and Co. on her "So Cheap, So Easy" series. It shows how to make a wreath similar to the one from Williams-Sonoma with all green hydrangeas, and I really loved the simplicity of the one color. So I decided to give it a try, and it really was very easy to make and was much cheaper than the WS wreath.
Here is the break down.
- grapevine wreath
- 7 green hydrangea stems
- 2 white-ish hydrangea stems
- hot glue & gun
- wire cutters
I initially looked for the flowers at Hobby Lobby and ended up buying the grapevine wreath (with a 40% off coupon). However, their flowers weren't on sale so I ran to Joann's crossing my fingers that I'd find a sale. Lucky for me, I did. I grabbed all the green hydrangeas they had in store, but since I knew it wouldn't be enough I also bought some white hydrangeas to mix in with the green.
I tried it a couple different ways hoping I wouldn't have to cut up all the flowers but it just looked funny. So alas, I cut them all apart.
Once the stems were cut off, I then put glue on the tips and placed them into the grapevine wreath.
I then turned the wreath over and placed extra glue on the areas the glue gun could reach.
And viola...all finished.
And yes, I did notice that the left side looks a little wonky. I just didn't notice it until I pulled up this picture. I'm too tired, and it's too dark outside to fix it so this will have to do for now.